Steps to Fix AOL not Working, AOL not responding [Error]
AOL keep saying- AOL not responding, however it is working on other computers or device.
‘My AOL Gold not working’-Need Help!
You should instantly do something if such errors are troubling you again and again.
What is Included in the Guide?
Here you’ll get answer for issue like:
- AOL on android not working
- com is not responding iPhone
- “AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working” error
- ‘Server not responding’ for AOL using iPhone
- AOL not responding Windows 7, 10
- Desktop Gold not working
- AOL Gold not opening post update
Now, let’s get started with the reasons behind- why you cannot get on AOL Desktop Gold. Followed by which, you can check for the relevant troubleshooting steps in the post.
Factors you should diagnose to find- Why AOL Gold not working?
Rather than implementing any solution, if you want to target the exact error- then, this section is definitely your worth.
So, give it a Go and save your time ahead.
When system requirement for AOL Desktop Gold does not match with your computer or laptop specifications- you will end up seeing “Unable to open AOL Desktop Gold” message.
Note: In this case, successful AOL Desktop Gold download doesn’t matter.
Outdated AOL Gold Program
You must be aware that AOL keeps upgrading its software (automatically) in form of versions. In case, your AOL Desktop Gold doesn’t upgrade, it will stop responding after a while.
So, keep a periodic check on your AOL Desktop Gold update.
Corrupt AOL Program files
Partial software upgrade, virus attack, or deletions of certain files from AOL Gold software folder are some of the reasons that may damage your program.
Firewall and Other installed Security Software
You must have read it beforehand- that security software can block access to any program.
And, it’s true and applicable in case of AOL Desktop Gold program as well.
Insufficient RAM on computer will not allow any program to load and open. Likewise, if you’re trying to launch AOL Gold- it will not open.
Poor Internet Connection
If AOL Desktop Gold keeps disconnecting from Internet- your AOL Gold won’t start. So, if you have inconsistent network or low signal- see instructions and troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold won’t connect to Internet issue.
At times, when your system is attacked by any malicious software like Trojan or virus, the files required for running AOL Gold program gets corrupt.
You really need to pay serious heed towards this problem because it won’t let the software like AOL to run smoothly.
AOL Gold configuration
If you are using third-party applications like Microsoft Outlook to access AOL Gold Desktop Gold mails then, the settings of the mail app must be accurate. Otherwise, the software won’t function properly.
Hope, you are now aware of the actual problem relating your AOL Gold software. Now, it’s time to attend the solutions.
Still can’t locate your AOL Gold not working reason?
Ask Email Desktop Gold experts for help @ 855-500-8462
What to do before Troubleshooting-“AOL Desktop Gold won’t Load” problem
It has been observed that more than 64% of people bothered by AOL Gold won’t open issue, get respite with following solutions.
Therefore, we suggest starting with them rather than right away jumping to the advanced solutions.
- Reboot your PC when AOL Desktop Gold refuses to open.
Why start with this step? – Well, in case your OS doesn’t load properly- you’ll continue to face AOL not responding message. So, ensure your system boots properly.
- Scan your PC as told earlier and remove any heinous malware present. In case, you find nothing then, go with step
- Disable firewall and anti-virus installed on your device as, they may block your AOL Desktop Gold program.
- System Requirement is one of the vital points that no AOL user should miss. Simply put, check the prerequisites for AOL Gold program.
If you find any mismatch, meet the requirement first and later- download AOL Desktop Gold to install on your device.
- Keep a periodic check on AOL Desktop Gold update. No doubt, this function is set as Automatic but at times- it may fail to operate.
In case, you need to update AOL Gold manually, check for its update online.
- Other than this, if your AOL Gold program stops suddenly after certain windows or program update- roll back that action. To do so,
Open Control Panel-> navigate to System restore window-> click on System Restore button and click OK to confirm the action.
Need more help relating AOL Gold not working issue? Then, stay tuned!
Solution for AOL not responding Windows 7
Refer the following steps to resolve AOL Desktop not responding on Windows 7 computer:
- To fix AOL not working on Windows 7, go for Clean Boot of Windows.
- Next, login as Admin in the system and press ‘Windows icon+R’ on the keyboard to open run window.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the run field to open System Configuration Window,
- Then, under General Tab- click on “Selective” radio button and uncheck the box of “Load startup items.”
- Under ‘Service’ tab, later select ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox and click ‘Disable all’ button.
- Followed by this, click on OK button and Restart the system.
- Now again, press ‘Windows+R’-> type ‘msconfig’ -> select ‘Normal startup’ under General tab-> Click OK.
If you can’t fix your AOL not responding problem with this above-defined solution, then:
- Update system drivers that are compatible AOL Desktop Gold program.
- In case, you keep getting the error then, confirm that the drivers are not old. Otherwise, they work with latest AOL Gold.
For error still not resolving, try accessing your program from some other device. In case, it works there- then, troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold icon not responding problem on earlier device.
Is AOL Gold not starting?
Meet Email Desktop Gold professionals for relevant answer
Solution for AOL Gold not responding Windows 10
If your AOL not responding on Windows 10- try the following methods to fix the issue (AOL Gold not working):
Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter
- Click on Windows Start button and open Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to “Troubleshooter” and then, on the screen click “Troubleshooting” option.
- Lastly, click on “View All”-> “Internet Explorer Performance”-> and, follow on-screen instructions to allow the program to fix the issue automatically.
Note: Make sure your system is connected to Internet while you perform this step.
Method 2: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer
If you have made any changes or set customized settings of the browser, then probably your Java applets, ActiveX, and other similar features may get blocked. Thus, to fix them:
- Go to Internet Explorer and click on Tools menu.
- Then, click Internet Options-> Security tab-> Reset all Zones to Default Level.
- Next, click OK to apply changes.
- Once, the Java applet, ActiveX, and Active Scripting get unblocked, the AOL not working error will fade away.
Note: In case, you can’t see Tools menu, press ALT to display the menu on the desktop.
Method 3: Turn Off add-ons
Add-ons prevent sites from displaying correctly. Therefore, try to run Internet Explorer without add-ons and check, if the problem goes away. For this:
- Open any browser window like Internet Explorer.
- Then, under Tools icon in Menu bar- navigate to Add-ons option.
- Choose all the Add-ons and click disable
For more detailed steps, consult the section: Aol.com is not responding (below).
Thinking to leave because you still can’t resolve AOL Desktop Gold won’t open issue?
Hey!! Wait- because there’re more tough solutions.
Solution to AOL not working on iPhone
- When AOL not responding on iPhone, try login AOL account on some other device like computer!
- After crossing two-step verification process, open account settings under AOL account and click Manage button.
- Next, under ‘Connect Apps’ tab, click Manage Followed by this, click down arrow to create a new application and select iOS device and mail.
- Later, click ‘Create’ and store the password received.
- Lastly, go to AOL account through iPhone and use the stored password.
Surely, you’ll get your AOL in working on iPhone.
AOL on Android not Working: See the Solution
Check the server settings to fix AOL not responding issue on Android phone. To do so,
- Open the AOL application on Android phone using the 2-step verification process.
- Next, check and set the incoming and outgoing server details on AOL account.
- Click on ‘Manual Setup’ option on screen and select IMAP account settings for the incoming
- Set the values as given below:
IMAP Server: imap.AOL.com
Security Type: None
- Then, tap the Next button and set the server settings for the outgoing server as follows:
SMTP Server: smtp.AOL.com
- Finally, again click on Next button.
Note: You might be prompted to enter the username and password after making changes in server settings.
- In case, your AOL Gold is still not responding, restart your device to try again.
For persisting issue, see the guide AOL Desktop Gold server/ internet issues and fix your error.
For AOL Desktop Gold keeps crashing Trouble,
Reach Email Desktop Gold experts for Solution
Aol.com is not responding- Let’s Troubleshoot
If you often keep getting the message “AOL not responding”, then make sure that:
- The problem didn’t arise after you make any changes to the system.
- Next, check if the issue is not with AOL.com but with other software or website, too.
- Confirm that you aren’t using any proxy server to connect to the Internet.
- In case, your problem of AOL Gold not working matches with one of the issues listed above- try to resolve them by hard reset or blocking any proxy server or VPN services, if any.
- Besides this, make sure that you’re not running AOL in add-ons mode. In case, your browser has one- DISABLE it.
- After all these steps, if the AOL Desktop Gold still doesn’t start then, install new ACS. For this:
- Right-click on AOL desktop gold icon and choose “System Information” from the list.
- Next, tap on “Utilities”-> “Start”-> and, finally “OK” button.
- Tap on desktop screen-> click on “Start,” ->and then, open “C” drive.
- Navigate to ACS folder under AOL Desktop gold program in C: drive and tap on Uninst.exe.
- Now, in same AOL folder, click on Backup-> ACS-> Rollback->ACSSetup.exe -> and finally, “Yes” to finish the installation.
Fix ‘Imap.aol.com not responding’ Error message
To resolve AOL not responding error:
- Firstly, check the server Simply put, verify the spellings of server name you type and save in settings.
If those are correct, remove your account and set it up all again.
Note: It’s necessary to recover or reset any changes that you might have made related to the application.
- Then, go to device Settings-> Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Click the email account, you want to remove and tap delete
- Then, go to Settings tab under Account & passwords section and click Add account option.
- Next, select your email provider for automatically adding the email account. In case, you can’t see your email provider; click ‘Other’-> Add mail account.
- After this, type your name, email address, password, and account description to complete your account setup. Now, mail application will automatically find your email settings, In case, it didn’t then, you need to enter them manually.
After this, type your email address and password to verify the account and open it successfully.
Troubled during AOL Gold login? Then- get your solution from the relevant posts ahead:
Troubleshooting AOL Desktop Gold not responding problem is no more tough with these simple and quick fix. But, if you’re bothered by these steps at any point or find your problem somewhat similar to the ones listed here, call desktop gold support on 1-855-500-8462 for the solution.
Get the answer to AOL Gold icon not responding.