AOL Old Mail Disappeared | Recover missing AOL mails
So, you are here looking for the solution to AOL Old mail disappeared error?
Well! You’re definitely at the right place, as the troubleshooting guide below has solutions for all sorts of missing AOL Gold mail scenarios.
Who will be helped by the Post?
All AOL Desktop Gold and mail users- who are annoyed by the lost AOL emails can find the solution ahead. In particular, you can find:
- Solution to emails that are missing from AOL Mail inbox
- Quick fix for sent mail on AOL accounts disappearing from folder
- AOL mail folders disappeared on iPhone: Troubleshooting
- Resolution for missing a ton of email in AOL Gold
- Answers for AOL old & new emails: all disappeared, etc.
So, with no more fuss- Let’s get started!!
When do AOL emails go missing?
Before heading towards the troubleshooting of disappeared mails from AOL, it’s vital to know the reason that triggered it.
As, this way- you can target the exact cause and fix your issue quickly.
If you move an email from your AOL Gold account on a device but can’t see it through another device – it implies there’s no synchronization between them.
Simply put, disabled Sync function will display AOL mail folders as disappeared on iPhone or any other device- that you are using.
POP server issue
If your AOL account uses POP over IMAP settings then, the AOL emails received or moved through one device won’t be visible on another.
If you are accessing AOL emails through client-based applications then, sometimes they refuse to start. And, in worst scenario, they may even ask for the database repair. During which, some of the message copies may delete from server as well as the mail server account.
If your AOL mails appear to be in Conversation View then, some of the emails disappeared from AOL inbox are actually grouped together in a thread.
You won’t be able to retrieve old AOL emails if the filter settings in AOL account are incorrect. Thus, to get rid of missing AOL emails issue in Desktop Gold- you need to change or delete these settings.
Insecure AOL Desktop Gold/Mail account
Herein, if your AOL Desktop Gold account gets hacked- then, there are strong chances that the intruders intentionally delete some AOL emails from your account.
However, you can still retrieve permanently deleted emails from AOL!
Surprised-how is it possible? Well, ask Email Desktop Gold experts for it. They will surely help you get the lost emails back.
Likewise, shared mailbox and Drag-drop mistakes are also responsible for lost AOL emails in Desktop Gold account.
Now, if you know the reason- then, find your concerned troubleshooting steps below!
Note: However, if you are still struggling to find the exact cause of your lost AOL Gold emails then, leave it aside. Instead, start from the first troubleshooting and execute each step unless your problem is fixed!
Troubleshoot: AOL Old Mail Disappeared Error
To retrieve old AOL emails, follow the given steps in sequence.
For better understanding, we have divided the whole process into different sections, so it gets easy for you to recover missing AOL mails.
How to recover deleted AOL mail in Desktop gold?
When you delete any AOL mail from the inbox, you can easily get it back with the following steps:
- Login AOL Desktop Gold account with valid credentials.
If by any reason, you are unable to get inside the AOL account then, execute AOL password recovery steps for the successful sign in.
- Next, tap on Mail icon below the menu bar and tap on Trash option in the left panel of the opened window.
- If you are able to locate disappeared old AOL email in the folder then, choose it.
- Then, tap on Action button at top and under “Move to:” select the folder-where you wish to move that AOL Gold email.
The message will surely be restored!
Note: In case, you can’t find the email in the Trash folder then, navigate to MY Folders-> Saved mail Folder and check if the missing AOL email is lying there. If that’s a yes then, repeat the same process as above for TRASH folder.
Want to reactivate old AOL emails?
Ask Email Desktop Gold @ 855-500-8462 for solution
If still- AOL mail disappearing from inbox on Desktop Gold then, stay tuned for more troubleshooting steps.
- Open Desktop Gold account and navigate to Mail section.
- Then, tap on Spam button in left panel and check for the mails you have been searching for.
- If you find those emails under this folder then, choose all of them altogether and tap on “Not Spam” button.
This will return all AOL email message to the Inbox folder.
Note: The AOL emails shifted to inbox folder will be listed by the original date, when it was received.
In case, you still can’t find disappeared AOL email then, execute following steps:
- Go to AOL Desktop Gold account and sign in using valid credentials.
If you aren’t able to locate AOL Gold icon on screen, then see Instructions on how to recover missing AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- Next, tap on Settings icon below menu bar in Desktop Gold window.
- Later, scroll down to Spam settings and select the option “Medium” from the drop-down box of Spam filter.
- Afterward, scroll down further and choose: “Deliver blocked mail to spam folder” option.
- Tap on Save Settings button and check-if the lost AOL emails are recovered in the Inbox folder or not.
Fix Incoming Mail Filter Settings
After trying all the above solution, if you are still not able to find emails that are disappeared from AOL Mail inbox then, check the incoming mail filter settings.
Note: As, filters may be directing the mails to some unknown folder.
- First and foremost, under Settings-> Mail settings-> Spam Settings> click on Filters and Alerts option.
- Then, move your pointer over the filter you wish to delete and click on close icon next to Edit option on the screen.
- You can see the confirmation message after the action completes.
- In case, you have deleted the wrong filter, you may undo the action to restore the filter.
Check all the folders under “On AOL” and “On My PC” section (in left panel) and confirm-if you found the missing AOL mails in the account or not.
Resolve AOL Mail Synchronization error
After you tried all the steps stated above, if the problem still persists then, check for the Sync issue. And, for this:
- Open device settings and tap on mail account and settings.
- Next, click on the mail option and tap on the Sync button to allow all the emails inside the Desktop Gold account to sync with the AOL mail account.
- While executing Step 2, if you see any send or receive error then, you need to download OAL Desktop Gold again and reinstall it.
- If the problem continues to prevail then, switch your Desktop Gold mail settings from POP to IMAP server. The problem will automatically be resolved.
- Then, confirm that the communication between AOL mail server and your application Desktop Gold isn’t lost. Else, you won’t receive any new emails.
Note: In case, you lost all AOL mails from the client based applications while they still exist on mail server then, you can recover them using back up file or by re-adding the Desktop Gold account.
Still can’t recover missing AOL mails?
Contact Email Desktop Gold experts @ 855-500-8462
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the highly reported queries raised by AOL Gold users concerning lost mails in Desktop Gold account. You may read them for more clarity of the issue.
Where did my AOL emails go?
After you read the mails in AOL account, the read mails automatically move to OLD MAIL folder. However, if you want to keep the read emails in the same NEW MAIL folder then, mark them as unread and keep them new.
Why my read emails still appear to be BOLD?
Generally, when you read a message, its outer text no more remains bold. However, if you mark it as unread then, the text of the email will turn BOLD.
That’s the reason, why every mail in NEW MAIL folder has bold text.
Why can’t I sort by column header?
To sort AOL email column header, switch to Unified box style. Otherwise, if you are looking to sort the header of FROM, SUBJECT, or DATE in the mail section, unfortunately- it won’t be available.
How to permanently save all old AOL emails so, they don’t delete even after a certain number of days!
You need to keep all such AOL messages in the Local folder of AOL.
Unable to find lost AOL emails?
Call Email Desktop Gold Support @ 855-500-8462